Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 14: Honolulu, Hawaii U.S.A.

Day 14 7/18/06 (Part 2) Honolulu, Hawaii U.S.A

I did not get much sleep on the flight. I started going to sleep at 2:45 a.m. Australian time. At 3:00 a.m. Australian time, the airplane turned the lights on because it was 7:00 a.m. in Honolulu. Breakfast was served and the morning routine started.

We got into Honolulu with no problem and met our contact Kimo. He took us to the hotel and gave us our itinerary for the rest of our stay in Hawaii. Unfortunately, we were ready for at 1:00 and the majority of the rooms weren't done. In fact, I got my key early accidentally and when I got to my room (at the Ohana West), the past tenants were still getting their stuff together. At least I got to keep my stuff in the room.  

Chelsea Wiles is greeted in Hawaii

The kids explored a little and enjoyed the warmer, tropical weather. They looked around and did a little shopping before they go in their rooms.

After I showered and changed my clothes, I was able to finish shopping at the huge market in Honolulu. I also went to Waikiki Beach and saw what was going on. There were a lot of people in the water, surfing and swimming. There was also a place where a concert was taking place.


 Waikiki Beach


At the hotel, the kids rested and showered. They spent the evening getting a meal and exploring the shopping opportunities. I had a nice meal at a restaurant that was suggested to some other members of our group. The four of us went to John Domini's restaurant and had a great meal. We didn't get back until 10:00 and we were tired. We prepared for the big day coming up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment